Saturday 15 December 2012

Life is great

Today is my 6 month anniversary of travelling! I am still loving it and am not yet ready to be coming back to reality. I am having such a great time and I plan to be travelling or as long as I possibly can.

I have spent a few days on Don Det, which is one of the islands in the 4000 islands. This is not one of the best islands I have been on during my travels. However it's a very simple islands. It's not packed with tourist markets, no late night bars and no high class resorts. Of course the island is tourist orientated as that is what the locals live on, but it's very relaxed. It doesn't matter if you decided to spend a few days doing nothing besides lie in a hammock all day reading, snoozing or just thinking.

Traveling is a funny thing. You think you say goodbye to the people you have befriended and then just randomly meet them weeks or months later in a completely different place. Yesterday we bumped into a girl we used to train Muay Thai with in Thailand. She went on to Cambodia when we went to Laos. Now all of a sudden she is here at the 4000 islands at the same time as us. This has happened to me a few times already and I love the fact that's its a very small world that we all live in.

Me and Gemma will be moving on soon though. On Monday we are of to Cambodia. Our plan is to celebrate Christmas at the beach. We will find ourselves a small palm tree or bush and decorate it with whatever we have got. Also we have decided to do a secret Santa with some of our friends that we are meeting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment