Thursday 28 February 2013

Back to the beginning

Having made it back to Indonesia where I first started my Asia tour feels like a good way to also end my trip. Indonesia is going to be my last stop before I move on to Australia. I have acquired the visa and have already booked my tickets there. Feels like it's going to be a completely new adventure.

I meet up with my friend Britt in Kuala Lumpur and we flew from there to Jakarta. Last time I was in Indonesia other travellers told me not to go to Jakarta as there is nothing to do there and it's just dirty, noisy and full of people.

However I have to say I have had a great time here so far! The people are extremely friendly and they love to take pictures of the two of us! Yesterday we asked some police officers for directions, before even attempting to explain they had their mobiles out and wanted to pose for pictures. This happened to us a few times yesterday and we found it rather cute. Today we went to a massive theme park, with different areas, such as ocean adventure, sea world, fantasy land etc. these are all different theme parks all within the same area. Before even getting into the first park we were jumped by a whole family of about 10 people who wanted pictures, after that we felt like we were the main attraction. Let me also first tell you that we were the only western people in the entire area, so having people staring at us was normal. Walking from one attraction to another we would have school classes, families and groups of friends stop us and ask to get a picture taken with us. We went to a dolphin show where before and after the show we were holding photo sessions, where it was one after the other that kept on coming up to us wanting more pictures with us. At the end of the day our cheeks were hurting from all that smiling. I think we must have had around 100 photos taken of us today!

It has been a truly enjoyable experience and I can't wait for what tomorrow is going to bring us.













































No comments:

Post a Comment