Wednesday 20 March 2013

Scuba diving

I know I know, I should have tried out scuba diving in the beginning of my trip and not the end. However I have finally decided to take my open water scuba diving certification. Today was my first day. It was so much fun! At first I got a watch a video and do some quizzes. Then finally I got to go in the water. It was in the pool. There I got to learn the basics. By then the whole morning had gone by really quickly and it was time for lunch. After lunch we got a briefing got our gear onto a boat and set off. We went past a few of the islands and then we stopped. We all got our gear on and got into the sea. Descending 12 meters down to the bottom of the sea is an amazing experience! Spending 49 minutes down there is so awesome! I didn't want the dive to end! The fishes, eels, corals and weird looking shrimp are so beautiful, I could just stay in one spot and watch the aquatic life go by.

Tomorrow I am going to go for my second dive which I absolutely can't wait for! I just regret not having one this earlier. But hey, that's the way it goes. Now at least I will have a chance to explore the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, since I'm going to spending some time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment