Wednesday 23 January 2013

Mui Ne

I have now spent a few days in Mui Ne. This is a small town by the beach. I have noticed that the main nationality for tourist here is Russian. Most signs and menus are in Russian and many of the local people actually speak Russian! It's quite odd to see Vietnamese people speak Russian as I am not used to this.

The nature here is absolutely amazing! Yesterday I went on a tour to some of the famous sand dunes here. We got to see white and red sand dunes. I would have never thought I would get to see something like that in Vietnam. It felt as if I was somewhere in a desert and not just outside a touristy beach town. Unfortunately the white sand dunes have become another tourist trap, by having several places where you can rent quad bikes. With most people finding it awesome to go quad biking they rent them and drive all over the sand dunes. What should have been beautiful untouched dunes, have become a bike track. Don't get me wrong, I would love to go quad biking, it's just that I feel some places should not be disturbed in that way.

I find the fishing boats here quite interesting. They look like big plastic bowls. I still have not seen them in action yet, but they look like heaps of fun to ride in. I got a few pictures of them here beneath.



































No comments:

Post a Comment