Friday 4 January 2013

Siam Reap

It took means my friend Britt 16 hours by bus to get from Sihanoukville to Siam Reap. This was a hell journey. However the relief of getting of that bus is just amazing!

We ended up in a lovely hostel and found out later that a few friends of ours from Sihanoukville had also just arrived to the same hostel. We decided to take it easy today and explore the town for a bit and concentrate on visiting the Angkor Wat temples tomorrow. So far the plan is to do about 2 days of temple exploration and then head of to a floating village that's just outside town.

I have been following the Mekong river for some time now. I first saw it in Thailand, followed it down Laos and through Cambodia too. I have seen a noticeable change in the river. The closer the delta I get the larger the river gets. I have never seen a river this large before! It's amazing driving by or crossing the river. When I head to Vietnam, one thing i must do is to complete the journey of the Mekong river and go see the delta.

No comments:

Post a Comment