Thursday 2 August 2012

Cherating

Yesterday I arrived in Cherating. Its a sleepy beach village on the east coast. Even though it is high season in Malaysia there are no people here. I took a long walk on  the beach today and I saw a total of 2 people. Its not to bad to have the entire white sand beach and warm sea all to myself. I think this can be a good place for me to recuperate from my recent bout with the flu. Still I don't feel 100% and still have a cough.

I took the bus from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan, which is the closest stop to Cherating. There I met 2 German girls, who I ended up sharing a taxi to Cherating and we also decided to share a room, which makes it a lot cheaper for all of us.

Last night we all went on a firefly tour. At 8pm we jumped in to a small boat and the guide started taking us down this dark river. There are no artificial lights and only the full moon was lighting up the surroundings. It gave of this eerie pale light but was still strong enough to create shadows. After a few minutes we suddenly saw small flecks of light in the bushes. The boat stopped close to a bush and after a few seconds it seemed like there were hundreds of fireflies coming out of the bushes towards the boat. The reason for this is because the guide was waving a red light which seemed to attract them to us. Seeing the fireflies floating towards us seemed almost magical and they looked like tiny fairies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment