Thursday 30 August 2012

Bangkok part 2

I am loving Bangkok! There is so much going on all the time. There is no such thing as rush hour as there are always traffic jams and the markets are open all day and what I suspect all night long.

Today I decided to wander around china town. I walk into an alley and there was the biggest market I have ever been to. It never stopped!! I was wandering around for hours and of course didn't find my way back to where I came from. The simple solution for this was to start bargaining with a tuktuk driver and eventually we came to a fair price to take me back to the hostel. However, when this man started driving I was scared! There was no such thing as following any road rules and laws. I think he thought he was driving a racing car. When I finally made it to my area I was more then happy to jump out of the tuktuk and walk.

I have heard that the floating market is supposed to be really nice and good fun. I am looking forward to making my way there some day soon. If any of you have been there or have any advice on Bangkok you are more then welcome to write to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment