Thursday 16 August 2012

Leaving Penang

I have spent 3 nights in Penang and now i have had enough. I spent most of my time in Georgetown and there is not much to see, even though it is a UNESCO heritage city. Melaka which is also a UNESCO town is so much more beautiful!

As usual I met some awesome people that I could hang out with and had lots of fun with them! One of them I am going to be meeting at my next destination again which will be Cameron Highlands. I am dreading going to the highlands as it is going to be cold there!! During August the temperature is between 15 - 24 degrees! I don't even have a jumper with me! I know that I won't be staying for to long as I need my heat and hot sun!

I joined my new friends on a scooter ride, I sat behind one of the more experienced drivers as I have no clue how to drive those things. We drove along the coast for a bit and then ended up relaxing on one of the many beaches on the island.
We also went inland and drove up one of the hills and found a massive Buddhist temple with a giant statue on top. I will be posting the pictures soon, don't have time today as I am taking a bus very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment