Tuesday 14 August 2012

Nightbusses and Penang

I know it has been way to long since I posted any news!
Its just that on the Perhentian island I got slightly lazy and there was very bad internet connection there!

However! Now I am in Penang after having spent 5 nigths at the Perhentian. That Island is just amazing! the water completely clear, the turtles bigger than humans and the seafood bbq cheap. The only reason I left the island was because I ran out of cash as there are no ATMs on the island. It was a good thing though as all the people I met and was hanging out with there left the same day!

So as I was leaving the island I decided to go to Penang which is on the west coast of Malaysia. When I got back to the mainland I find out there are only night buses to Georgetown ( which is the largest town in Penang). I took a night bus to the Perhentians and that was hell! The Malaysians love air con, on that specific bus journey it must have been around 14 degrees, also whenever the bus stops they turn on all the lights to make sure everyone gets of where they are supposed too. So I really didn't want to take a night bus again, but did not really have any choice.  This time the bus was amazing! I was sitting the the very back right on top of the engine so all the heat was coming up through the floor and I had a nice and warm journey without freezing to death! Also the lights didn't reach all the way back which meant I could sleep the whole night on the bus!

Now I am in Penang since yesterday and have already befriended a bunch of people and we are all going as a group on a roadtrip around the island. They were talking about renting scooters. Hopefully I can share with someone else as I don't drive and people here drive like crazy!

I promise to try to update a little more often and I am sure I will be able to here as there are loads of places with fast internet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment