Friday 5 October 2012

Disappointing treks and arriving in Pai

Today I arrived in Pai. It's a small relaxed town in the mountains of northern Thailand. On the way here we had to stop for about a hour on the road as there had just been a landslide. The workers clearing up all the mud were really quick and soon we were on our way again. What I have seen of Pai so far is that it's a very relaxed place where many people end up staying for longer then intended. I just met a guy who told me he was going to stay for one night and stayed 2 years here! I have also bumped into a girl I met in ayutthaya. So I already have a friend here.

Chiang mai has been great I liked the atmosphere of that town. I booked a 2 day trek with one of the many tour places and I came back hugely disappointed. The supposedly 3 hour trek on day one ended up being 1 hour and the trek on the second day was also shortened by quite a bit. The only fun part during these 2 days was the white water rafting! It was such a good experience going down the river and dodging the boulders and harsher parts of the river. However all in all the trek was just overpriced for what it was. All the other people that also went wee also very disappointed. I might try to go on another trek here in Pai but will make sure that there will be more actual trekking then waiting around for the car to drive us to places.

No comments:

Post a Comment