Sunday 30 September 2012

Solo travellers

Just an observation I have made is that there are considerably more solo female travellers here in Asia then male. I didn't even think about it until a local guy in one of my guesthouse pointed it out to me. That was a few weeks ago and it got me thinking. So I started to observe the other people in my various guest houses and it is true. There are many couples, groups of guys and groups of girls and occasionally mix groups and a lot more solo women the men.

I wonder why it's so as I don't think it has anything to do with daring to go traveling by oneself. Perhaps more women feel the need to go travelling or perhaps those who want to go travelling don't have friends who want or can come with them.

What do you think the reason is?

No comments:

Post a Comment