Saturday 29 September 2012

Chiang Mai and Tiger Kingdom

A few days ago I left for sukhuthai. I spent one day there discovering even more temple ruins and felt that I finally had enough. Today I made my way to Chiang Mai. I have checked into a cool guesthouse with loads of other travellers. I managed to get one of the last dorm beds in this place. You wouldn't be able to notice that it is low season now.

One of the major attractions just outside of Chiang Mai is the tiger kingdom. I have been trying to do some research on this place to find out if the tigers are treated well or not and if they are drugged or just sleeping and used to the attention they get from people. My research had not helped me at all! There are many people saying that the tigers are drugged and just as many saying that they are not. Has anyone been there and can tell me themselves from their experience as I would love to go as long as the tigers are treated well. I won't go and support the establishment if there any kind of animal cruelty involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment