Sunday 16 September 2012

Torrential rainfall

Yesterday I got on the boat that would take me to koh Tao. All day the weather was stable and a little sunny. However halfway to koh Tao it starts to rain and as soon as we hit the pier it was as if some one had dumped a massive bucket of water on top of us! Within 30 seconds I was soaked through to my underwear and my bag had started to leak through. Of course to get where I wanted to I needed to take a taxi, which had obviously parked far away. Also the taxi couldn't reach my hostel so I had to walk even more! In the end I didn't need to take a shower anymore and just needed to dry off. Everything was soaked. Even though these rains usually last for about half an hour before calming down and just drizzle for a bit afterwards, but if you get caught in it there is nothing that can save you from getting soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment