Thursday 22 November 2012

Communists

I am going to sound very ignorant now, but I did not know that Laos is a communist country. I found out by seeing the communist flag matched up with the Laos flag everywhere. This is quite interesting and a little exciting. I have never been in a communist country before!

One thing which I find interesting is that the whole country has a curfew. Midnight is the time that everyone has to be in their houses. This law is supposed to apply to foreigners too, however they don't really pursue the tourists that have been out longer. Since there is this curfew, all bars and restaurants have to close the latest at 11.30 pm in order for all guests and staff to be able to go home. However for some peculiar reason there is a bowling alley which is open past midnight. This is the place where all foreigners head to after the bars.

Tonight me and Gemma are going bowling and we are super excited about it! It's not often you get to go to bars first and then bowling after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment