Tuesday 19 June 2012

Gili T

Finally! I am on Gili T. Came with the fast boat and arrived around 10.30 am. I had organized a home stay which was supposed to be good and cheap. The guy picks me up from the jetty, and takes me to a bicycle. I am to ride this bicycle with my massive backpack on my back. It must have been a funny site for all to see!
 We leave the road by the beach and start making our way "inland" (not much inland, since its a tiny island!). In the end we arrive at the home stay. A small shack where the family lives and a quiet large bungalow in front for the guests, I even suspect that the family were sleeping under the bungalow! However by inspecting the room and talking to the guys who were working there, I got a very strange feeling about the place and the guys. My plan now was to leave my things there and go and find another cheap home stay and move as soon as possible. Biking around the island checking countless rooms and bargaining with the prices, i eventually found the perfect bungalow! Its massive, fresh and I didn't feel the least suspicious of the owner. 
I know this might make me sound like a chicken, but I am a strong believer in following ones instincts. Hopefully I really made the best choice by moving.

However, apart from spending half the day in search of lodging, the second half was spent on the beach making new friends, both locals and other backpackers like me. The island is beautiful and so calm and sincere since there is no motor traffic here. The only way to get around is by horse and carriage, bicycle or on foot. 

Tomorrow I am going snorkeling in hopes of seeing some turtles! I know i have been very bad with posting pictures, the problem is that the internet is so bloody slow. I am in the progress of finding somewhere with a faster connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment