Sunday 24 June 2012

Seasnakes

I have a terrible fear of snakes. They are probably the only things that I am really afraid of, and I have bumped into many wild snakes before.

Yesterday I met a Australian couple who had befriended another auzzie on the boat over. The four of us go out snorkeling, trying to find turtles again. We went quiet far out and were swimming around. As I am looking around, I manage to spot a black and white sea snake! I get my head up of the water and try to tell the others, I got the attention of Troy, the auzzie guy, he looks at it and says that the snake is harmless. For me that doesn't matter, a snake is a snake and I do not like them. However, as I look back down on the snake, all I see is when it starts coming towards me! Panicking and trying to swim away and keep and eye on the thing at the same time is not easy! Must have looked like a right idiot! In the end the snake just went up for air and continued back down to the seabed, leaving me all panicked and shaky
After our swim, we did find out that this snake is extremly dangerous and the poison would kill you in about 1 hour.  These are some animals that you do not want to mess with!

Now I know I will never go out there by my self ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment