Friday 22 June 2012

Turtles and tuna

After having been on the hunt to see a turtle I finally managed to find one yesterday. With the help from an American traveler, we went out snorkeling together and spotted a turtle that was over 1m! it was massive. We started following this turtle and must have been watching it for about 15 minutes, before it decided to go back into the deeper waters. There we also spotted some massive tuna and the a lot smaller but funny blowfish. All in all, a very successful day.

The locals from my beach bar have been amazing to me. I let them use my nail polish, in exchange they invited me for some lunch. There was as woman who came and started grilling chicken and some random seafood on a brick! We had that to start with. After when the main dish was ready, we all ate together. It was some kind of spicy tofu dish with rice. Bloody good I have to say. This really is the experience that I came here for. The main road here is littered with western restaurants, all serving burgers, pizzas and pasta. The only place to find local food is on a small nightmarket, with different stands and with various fresh fish coming directly from the sea. That is where I have eaten every day. And every day I meet some random and funny characters, being able to just start a conversation with a stranger is a lot of fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment