Sunday 22 July 2012

Dim Sum breakfast in Melaka

It is now day 3 in Melaka and I still haven't done much sightseeing. Instead I have been chilling at the cafe of the hostel. Yesterday I met the owner and his brother, David and Bob. They are Chinese Malay and so friendly! Last night I was invited to go with them to a guesthouse warming party. There were only local people and lots of Chinese BBQ. Today we headed off to have some Dim Sum for breakfast. This restaurant was in the outskirts of Melaka and packed with local Chinese. The food was amazing and we started as a group of 6 people and ended up being 10 as friends kept on joining us.

The people here once you get talking to them are so friendly and just want to show you a good time. I am loving it! Also I have met a few western people who have just somehow gotten stuck here and have stayed. Most of these men have been travelling just like I am and stopped in Melaka and never left. This is the lifestyle that I love. Passing through somewhere and just falling in love with the place and end up staying.


No comments:

Post a Comment