Monday 16 July 2012

Tioman, Malaysia

Sorry for being absent the past few days. There has been a lot going on.
Yesterday I left Singapore. Taking the bus over to Johor Baru in Malaysia went so easy and smooth. From there it was another bus ride to Mersing on the east coast of Malaysia. There I had to wait a while to catch the ferry which would finally take me to Tioman. This did last the whole day and on the ferry I met 2 German guys and one Moroccan guy. We ended up staying in the same dorm room.

Today as the weather was not so good we decided to go hiking. A grueling 7km hike over a mountain and to the other side of the island. All of this through a jungle! I have never been that sweaty in my life! Towards the end we found our way to a waterfall so we had a chance to cool down a little. After 3.5hours of walking we finally made it to the other side where we sat down and enjoyed a lovely lunch.

Tioman is famous for the coral reefs and for the snorkeling sights. Hopefully it is going to be better weather with some sun, so that I can go and see some fishies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment