Wednesday 18 July 2012

Monkey Bay and Snakes before Breakfast

Yesterday on our way to breakfast, what do I spot? If not a bloody green snake! they are everywhere in this island! apparently there are over 250 snake species and most of them poisonous. There are even quiet a few King Cobras crawling about this island. As you can imagine I do not feel to safe when I am walking here at night!

However after breakfast we all decided to go trekking again! This time it was only a one hour trek to a beach called Monkey Bay. Guess why its called that. There are loads of monkeys who try to steal all your things! Even when we all had our bags closed, the monkeys would go to them, open the bags up and try to take whatever they could get a hold of!

This island is very relaxed and I am just taking it easy. Soon I will continue my trip on the mainland as there is lots to explore. Was thinking of perhaps going to a national park and do some more trekking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment