Tuesday 31 July 2012

Smog over KL

Yesterday I felt alot better and didn't have a bad fever anymore, so I went into town to meet up with my friend Brandon from university. Berfor meeting up with him I decided to go to Midvalley Mega Mall which used to be one of my favorite hangouts when I was living here as a teenager. There I could see and hear many other people who were ill and had bad coughs just like me. Also every cab driver I have had the past few days has also been ill. I think its a mixture of the bad smog which has hit KL, all the muslims probably have lower immune systems as they are fasting and there is a bad virus going around the city.
Even my friend Brandon had a cough, so we were having a cough orchestra while having dinner.

About the smog which has hit the city, its insane! You cant even see the buildings which are maybe 700 meters away. Its a greyish white blanket over the city and it has made it very hot and humid.

Tomorrow I am leaving KL to go to Cherating which lies on the east coast of the Malaysian Peninsular. I came to realize that KL is not as fun without many friends. When I was living here I always had my friends and family around, which makes it a completely different experience. Now I have treated Kuala Lumpur as any other city without getting attached to it as its not the same and never will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment